How to persevere when New Years resolution starts to wear off?
8 tips on how to make sure you won’t be one of themDid you know that 85% of people quit the gym after only two months since they started membership. For those who do stick with their memberships, they may not get to the gym as often as they like — or should. In 2011, only about half of the existing members visited the gym 100 times or more during the year. Let’s look at top 8 tips on how to make sure you won’t be one of them.
8 tips on how to make sure you won’t be one of them
- START SMART. Take “before” pictures, circumference measurements, find out your body weight and body fat percentage. See where would you like to lose/gain inches and come up with a specific goal. And then check everything again in 4 weeks.
- MIRROR EXERCISE. Put a sticker on your mirror that says “I AM ENOUGH” and remind that to yourself every day. Positive self-talk is a key to any challenge.
- FITNESS ASSESSMENT. See how many PUSH UPS, PULL UPPS, SIT UPS you can do. Test your flexibility (try to touch your toes sitting down) and cardiovascular endurance (how long can you jog without having troubles breathing). And then check everything again in 4 weeks.
- SCHEDULE. Before you get sucked into Resolution madness, take time to carefully plan your workout schedule.
- MOTIVATION IS GARBAGE and it’s rarely there when we need it. Your brain is all about survival and comfort, it will try to talk you out of doing hard necessary things, so JUST DO IT, don’t wait for the right moment.
- EARLY MORNING ROUTINE. You know you need to workout, so get it done first thing in the morning when your willpower is at its best.
- STAY CONSISTENT. Successful result consists of concentrated effort and a lifestyle change. Not “30 days challenge”.
- CHANGE YOUR WORKOUTS. Every 4 weeks mix and match different moves. 2 great things come out of it: IT KILLS BOREDOM and YOU AVOID A PLATEAU.